Thomas Zander wrote: > > On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 09:55:10PM +0100, Rik Hemsley wrote: > > #if Martijn Klingens > > > On Tuesday 24 July 2001 16:53, Rik Hemsley wrote: > > > > Anyone have an idea how to work around the sluggishness ? > > > > > > Does it paint only what is visible, or does it preprocess all entries upon > > > initializing? > > > > It paints only what is visible, so if you scroll then it blocks while > > it renders the strings for the currently visible section. > > The thing I noticed is the first opening takes quite some extra time, my > pointer actually freezes some seconds. > > I think rendering the first 10 would do the trick, though I am wondering why > the first took so long, is it because a font list is read, and that takes > so long? (even on my P3/900) No such problem here (P3/650). Greetings, Tackat