List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: slavebase.cpp [Correct patch]
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-23 19:39:03

On Monday 23 July 2001 06:34 am, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> Sorry to reply to my own post.  But  I cannot figure out why the ssl-*
> metadata info gets lost.  Following the trail back to the TransferJob, it
> looks like all incoming data is actually accumulated properly in there.
>
> Here is what happens:  The ssl-* metadata gets set before we send the
> mimetype signal to the application since it is obtained during the process
> of connecting to the remote machine.  However, in khtml we do not look for
> these ssl-* meta-data until we receive the actual data from the remote
> server, i.e. in KHTMLPart::slotData. Anyways, between these two processes,
> i.e. the mimetype signal being called and the actual data being sent, the
> ssl-* meta data gets lost!  I just cannot figure out where since in the
> application side it looks like the incoming meta-data is accumlated
> properly.  Any ideas Waldo ?  This was what I was trying to resolve with my
> previous patch which of course was incorrect, but the problem still
> remains...

What might happen is that the slave is passed over to another job. In that
case the meta-data will have to be transmitted again from the slave to the
application, to make sure that the new job has the metadata as well.

But if you look at SlaveBase::mimeType() you will see that that is exactly
what happens, the metaData is sent each time the mime-type is send, and after
the slave is transferred to another job, both the meta-data and mimetype
are send again.

I will try to see if I can reproduce the problem. Do you have a SSL test-site
that I can use?

Cheers,
Waldo
--