List:       kde-devel
Subject:    [Fwd: About KDE Enhancement]
From:       Matthias Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2001-07-22 14:18:49

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.

Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 12:40:04 +0300 (EET DST)
From: Klaroudas Euaggelos <klarouda@ceid.upatras.gr>
To: kalle@kde.org
Subject: About KDE Enhancement

Dear KDE TEAM,
	At first,excuse me for my bad English but I do not have time to
master them before I send this e-mail.
	Secondly,I send this e-mail for some ideas I have to enhance KDE
GUI.Precisely:

	I am 21 years old and I live at Greece.I use computers from 13-14
years old and from then I am in love with computers!I used many different
computers and operating systems ,with GUI or not,so I believe I can judge
how good an operating system is and I can have some ideas how can I
enhance a GUI.
	Now I am  studying computers enginneering and Informatics at
Patras-Greece(I am going to the third year) and there I have my first
contact with UNIX(very user unfriendly).I have been told by LINUX but I
recently I have become member of LINUX society (3 weeks ago)and I am very
impressed!The KDE desktop is very good .UNIX with KDE can be the best
operating system and this is not an exaggerationt!
	I have some ideas about a very impressive GUI and I thought you
may be interested.Of course is not a completed GUI but it have some new
features that do not have the most known operating systems      (I do not
know about MAC OS  though the only known operating system I have not
used).It is not completed GUI because:
1)I am quite unexprencienced for such hard and large project.
2)Some other company make a GUI look like mine before I launch mine.
3)To express my ideas to you before you start another version of KDE.
4)I am new to KDE but I do not have time to become an expert because of
2) and 3) reasons.
	I will give a clue of my ideas so I do not waste your time if it
is not sound interesting:
a)A new scroll bar:rotating scroll bar.
b)Transparent windows.
c)"Pizza "like window.
d)"Puzzle "like window.
e)Enhanced Dialog Boxes.
f)With these and other features programming development could be very
impressive without much programming effort.Many styles supported.
	Except ideas I think I can program some parts(I know Java,C,C++,a
bit of assembly of 80x86 and I am learning Windows programming.I am going
to start and LINUX-KDE programming).
If you are interested please send me your answer at:klarouda@ceid.upatras.gr
If you think that we have to meet please this meeting would be arranged
before 15 August because I have to give examinations at 20 August.

                                           Thank you for your time,

                                                 Klarouda Euaggelos.