List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Scripting Interface [2nd Try]
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-07-22 9:56:29

Sorry Adreas, you are making lots of assumptions and are saying things
like; "you might have support for scripting but you make it so damn
difficult so people can't use the feature."

Its actually quite simple;
- documents contain data and nothing more (they don't 'do things')
- you have external scripts which can be installed easily (if not
  easily, we have to make it easy) and which 'do things'

And there is your distiction between documents and scripts.

Simple eh?

And as soon as you make it more difficult then that; then you open up
a can of worms that will never get back into that can. So don't do it.

ps. I also am a KWord programmer, and I fully agree with David here.