List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Fwd: mailto: URLs don't work
From:       John Firebaugh <jfirebaugh () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-21 4:07:31

Subject: Re: another data point
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 21:05:39 -0700
From: John Firebaugh <jfirebaugh@kde.org>
To: Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>

> On Friday 20 July 2001 11:53 pm, you wrote:
> > > When I do "kmail mailto:user@foo.org", I get the composer window, no
> > > main kmail window, and the "To:" address is filled in.
> > >
> > > When I do "kmailservice mailto:norm@cheers.bar" I get kmail main, no
> > > composer, and in the ps listing there are no args to kmail.
> >
> > What are the contents of your ~/.kde/share/config/emaildefaults?
>
> [alane@wwweasel config]$ more emaildefaults
> [Defaults]
> Profile=Default
> [PROFILE_Default]
> EmailAddress=alane@geeksrus.net

Ah, here is why:
> EmailClient=/usr/bin/kmail
> FullName=Alan Eldridge
> IncomingServer=/var/mail/alane
> IncomingServerType=localbox
> OutgoingCommand=/usr/sbin/sendmail
> OutgoingServerType=local
> TerminalClient=false
> [alane@wwweasel config]$
>
> Do I need some kind of a %s or something after the /usr/bin/kmail in the
> EmailClient setting?

No, you don't need it at all. Remove the EmailClient entry entirely, or
change it to just "EmailClient=kmail". See kapp.cpp line 1,794 for why.
Hmm, perhaps we should try harder to see if kmail is the command, by
looking only at the name, perhaps? I will forward to the mailing list for
input.

later,
John