List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Scripting Interface [2nd Try]
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-07-20 20:25:42

On Friday 20 July 2001 20:48, Martin Konold wrote:
> IMHO a company seeking a solution to automate more complicated task should
> better script via any language and dcop but NOT via scripts embedded in
> data/documents.

Hmm... maybe they use VBA macros so often because there is no easy
alternative in Windows? }:>

If that is true, then you're completely right and we should all stop
worrying. I don't know, I only know that KDE probably needs scripting
capabilities up to par with VBA to gain real corporate ground. Whether one
uses KOffice macros or real scripts for that... What would a corporate user
prefer? I think we should adapt our choice to the answer on that question.

Martijn