List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    SSL key won't lock [Was: The lock problem]
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-18 11:23:14

Hi George,

I am going to send this to kde-core as well so that Waldo
can chime in as well.

On Wednesday 18 July 2001 02:06, you wrote:
> The problem is that metaData is not making it back and forth between
> khtml_part and TCPSlaveBase.  Any idea why?

Yes, whenever SlaveBase::mimeType() is called, which kio_htp does to transmit the
mime-type obtained, all outgoing meta-data gets sent along with it and the object that
stored the outgoing meta-data gets cleared and in khtmlpart we do not look for the SSL
meta-data until the first data arrives in KHTMLPart::slotData(...) .  However, since the
outgoing meta-data has already been cleared when the mime-type is emitted, this info
is not available to send during the data transfer to khtml and hence the issue :(

Anyways, there are two ways to fix this:

1.) Remove the mOutGoingMetaData.clear() call in SlaveBase::mimeType.
2.) Or connect to mimeType signal in khtmlpart and obtain the SSL info there.

The first approach is the fastest while the second approach is the safest :) since the
second approach modifies a single application while the first approach automatically
forces changes in all io-slaves.  I personally think you should do #2 for now since it is
the safest :)  Waldo any opinions ?  This problem was fixed in one direction app->io-slave,
but not in reverse IIRC.

Regards,
Dawit A.