List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: punctuation keys in app shortcuts
From:       Scott Manson <Maniac () Alltel ! net>
Date:       2001-07-15 16:16:47

On Sunday 15 July 2001 11:06 am, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> Hi Ellis,
>
> Could you also (try to) make sure that keypad +/- work like normal
> plus/minus as long as they are not assigned to their own accelerator. I
> know they have another keycode and that many apps for that reason bind
> actions to keypad +/-, but I think at least the accels without modifiers
> should also work using the normal +/- and vice versa. For the accels that
> require a modifier I don't think it's a problem to support only one of the
> keys.
I have worked around this by using
xmodmap -e 'keycode 82=minus'
xmodmap -e 'keycode 86=plus'
inside my gloal XSession file.
My question/problem is that I use the keypad +/- keys in KMail and they
worked fine, in KNode I wanted similar behaviour but the +/- keys on
keypad would not work nor could I assign to them without this. BTW the
regular +/- keys would work tho.

--
Maniac@alltel.net 40° 37' 9" N, 96° 57' 24" W
A single tasking guy in multi tasking world.