List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: What to do after 2.2?
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-07-13 21:23:02

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 05:02:44PM -0400, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> FWIW, I second this as well.  We should only have one clean port from
> using QT 2.x series to QT 3.x series and Waldo's reasoning for waiting to
> get a stable version of gcc in addition to Qt 3.0 makes perfect sense.  In
> the meantime I am sure we, at least I, have several new features to
> implement and many bugs to fix to make KDE 2.3 even more attractive to end
> users and independent app developers alike.

By the time we will release the next major version of KDE (somewhere in
December?), gcc and Qt should have that stable release and distributions
will be using those.

When it comes to breaking BC and the API, I think it's important to think
about the releases and not about CVS code.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 'I hate it when the villain quotes Shakespeare'
cap@capsi.com |         -- John Crichton, "Farscape"