List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: What to do after 2.2?
From:       Meni Livne <meni () mail ! com>
Date:       2001-07-13 14:48:59

On 2001-07-13 13:40:32, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
> Qt 3.0 gives us quite a lot of stuff we'll need - among others the SQL
> plugins, better i18n support (I'd rather have this in before the gnome
> guys release 2.0 with pango and can claim they've had it first ;) ),
> QTable, the RichText editor (could simplify some things...) etc.

From (some of) the international users' and translators' point of view,
moving to QT 3.0 should be done as quickly as possible. QT 3.0 includes the
bidirectional features which finally enable Hebrew, Arabic and Farsi users to
use KDE in their native language. As long as KDE is based on QT 2.x, there is
no easy way for using KDE in these languages. The needs of these translators
and users should be taken into account when deciding on when and how to make
the move to QT 3.0.

Regards,
-- Meni Livne <meni@mail.com>
    KDE Hebrew Localization Coordinator