Hi Malte, > Yeah, those work indeed. So maybe the problem in KView is that ; which is > Shift-, on my keyboard doesn't work, maybe because it has no other > modifiers? Qt is responsible for application shortcuts, and KDE for global shortcuts. But Qt doesn't deal with punctuation marks in shortcuts properly. Maybe in Qt3.0, but I doubt it... So if punctuation marks are used by an application, it's guaranteed to be problamatic for other keyboard layouts. I see three possible solutions: 1) leave them as they are, and other layouts can't use them without customization, 2) remove/replace them, 3) modify KAccel to pass the 'real' key Qt. My vote goes to #3, possibly combined with 2 & 1. I just fixed it #3. I won't have time to really test it until tomorrow, though. Of course, this doesn't completely take care of your objection to punctuation shortcuts -- it merely makes some shortcut available instead of none. So instead of ';' being the shortcut for you, it'll show up at Shift+. I don't know if it'll work with AltGr keys. Like I said, I'll test it this weekend. Regards, Ellis