List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: XFree86 Technical Conference needs *you*
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-11 5:34:11

On Tuesday 10 July 2001 07:08 pm, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> > - What are the bells and whistles of xmlrpcd as compared to DCOP?
>
> they're not comparable but complementary. xmlrpcd implements an xml
> road/pipe for sending DCOP calls crossplatform (i.e. controlling a DCOP
> enabled application from any XML-RPC compliant client over the web). More
> docu in the xmlrpc directory in kdebase, I believe.

Weeeellll... that depends on how you approach the question. :-) As
implemented in KDE, xmlrpc *is* complementary to DCOP so you can approach it
that way.  However, you can also very easily decide to compare and contrast
the two protocols in general as they both have their own pros and cons.

I can provide more info on the pros and cons IFF that is the tack taken...
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop