On Friday 29 June 2001 19:53, Waldo Bastian wrote: > On Friday 29 June 2001 04:12 pm, Dawit Alemayehu wrote: > > On Friday 29 June 2001 17:07, Waldo Bastian wrote: > > > On Friday 29 June 2001 07:03 am, Alexander Neundorf wrote: > > > > Well, doesn't KProtocolManager (or how the name was) read the > > > > .desktop files of all ioslaves ? > > > > > > KProtocolInfo, yes. > > > > > > > Wouldn't it be possible that they could contain the mentioned field, > > > > and the scheduler could get this information from the > > > > KProtocolManager ? > > > > > > Sounds about right. > > > > But that would mean that it would be hard for the end user to > > change/override this limitation right ? > > No, it would become easier. Now he/she has to edit scheduler.cpp and > recompile, then he/she only has to change http.protocol. No, no I get that this makes it easier, but it not as easy as adding an entry in the config file, say kio_httprc. Also do we want people messing around with a system wide .protocol file ? That is why I thought this would much better as a config option in kioslaverc or kio_httprc just like everything else. Regards, Dawit A.