List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: suggestion
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-06-28 9:38:38

On Thursday 28 June 2001 05:27, George Staikos wrote:
>    Can't X now do user font dirs?  I thought that was one of the big new
> features....

With Xft it can, AFAIK you only need to have a ~/.XftConfig file and be done
(never tried though). If we detect the presence of Xft and a Qt using Xft it
might make sense to add support for userland font dirs. In any other case we
still can't do anything about it AFAICS. When toying with access rights you
can make the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts dir writeable to others but I doubt
that is the way we want to go.

I don't think this can be crammed into 2.2 though, I guess this is 2.3 stuff.

Martijn