List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: i18n confused + ftp auth problem
From:       Antonio Larrosa =?iso-8859-1?q?Jim=E9nez?= <larrosa () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-27 23:20:51

El Mié 27 Jun 2001 16:30, Dawit Alemayehu escribió:
> Hi Antonio,

Hello Dawit,

> On Tuesday 26 June 2001 19:39, Antonio Larrosa Jiménez wrote:
> > Also, going to
> > ftp://antonio@localhost
> > while using wwwoffle shows me the following message:
> > "Your request for the URL
> > ftp://localhost/
> > specified the username antonio but no password."
>
> This seems to be a problem with the wwwoffle proxy server. The same
> thing works correctly with the Squid proxy for example.  Any HTTP based
> proxy server is supposed  to return a 407 If password is required but

Ah, ok

> missing!!  This will cause the client to prompt you.  Is there an option
> to enable such feature for the server, i.e. return a 407 if login
> information is requested by the remote FTP server ?

I don't think so :)

> Otherwise, a hack will be required to accomodate such broken
> implementation and I am not too eager to add such workarounds if other
> solutions can be found :)

No, I agree with you. Problems should be fixed where they should be fixed
and not somewhere else. I suppose someone should report this bug to the
wwwoffle authors. Sorry to disturb you with this.

> > Note that disabling proxy makes it work.
> > Also note what seems to be a second bug: I have "No proxy" for
> > localhost so it shouldn't use the proxy anyway, isn't it ?
>
> Is this current CVS version ? If so indeed this is a bug. Perhaps the

Yes, from some days ago.

> revmatch command in KProtocolManager does not do the proper reverse
> matching if a '.' is missing.  I will look into this when I test my new
> config dialog for setting up proxy information...

Ok, thanks.

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez