List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Integration of print management in Konqueror (step 2)
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-06-26 14:36:38

Hi,

After starting the development of a kio_print ioslave (for print system
browsing), and following a suggestion made, I started to think about the
possibility to completely integrate my print management tool into Konqueror.
That's done now: I turned my main widget into a part that can be integrate
into Konqueror for complete management.
So with:
  - print IO slave that allows print system browsing
  - print part for management
  - addition of a service in virtual folders of the Konquy sidebar
You end up with a nice integration of the whole print stuff into Konqueror.
I'll commit the code to CVS once it is unfrozen. Meanwhile, I have some
screenshots available. As I don't have any public place where to put them,
ask me if you want them (one is 180 KB, the other is 24 KB). I thought I
could put them (temporarily) on ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/Incoming, but I
need first the permission.

Bye.
Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM