List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KAction
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-25 15:10:23

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 08:54:12PM +0200, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Simon Hausmann wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 08:36:12PM +0200, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> > > What is KActionCollection::setHighlightingEnabled() good for,
> > > why is the corresponding member variable not initialized,
> >
> > It's not initialized? (/me looks at the KActionCollectionPrivate
> > constructor :-)
>
> Oops, ok, well, then why is it initialized to the 'wrong' value? :-)
> I don't see the point of this property.

Hmm, actually I can't remember why I disabled it by default. Maybe it
was because I was concerned about the additional memory it eats?
Well, feel free to change it.
(it's just that the QAction approach of every action connecting to the
popupmenu's highlighted signal scared me, especially for big GUIs ;-)

> > > Related to that, why do standard actions not have status texts?
> >
> > Good quest^H^H^H^H^Hidea :-) (too late for now though :(
>
> It looks strange that in Konqueror half of the menu items has
> help and the other half hasn't.

I agree.

Bye,
 Simon