List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Cervisia
From:       Bernd Gehrmann <bernd () physik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-06-25 13:50:48

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> konqueror part at the same time would be very fine I think. Can gideon
> recognize one version that is installed ? So in that case, you just have
> one version in kdesdk and that's it, gideon will register and load it if
> it's installed, that was my intention/question.

For a KDevPart, it would have to link to libkdevelop. And for a
tight integration, a KPart is probably not enough. For example, you
want to detect whether files have been modified and indicate this
in the directory view (yes that's not implemented in the standalone
version either, but it really should). For a KDevPart, this is
straightforward (although I'm not sure whether it works with the
nedit part.. ;-)
For a vanilla KPart, one would have to watch the disk to detect
modifications in files. Unfortunately the KDirWatch api is broken;
you can never remove any directories from it because other parts
may depend on them.

Bernd.