List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Cervisia
From:       Bernd Gehrmann <bernd () physik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-06-24 13:52:38

I want to suggest to import cervisia into the KDE CVS,
mainly for two reasons: First, I have no time to do
any major work on it myself. In the last months, I
have mainly acted as a 'filter' for patches others
have written. As I'm not very fast in giving feedback
and commiting I'm afraid this causes too much frustration
for contributors. Second, many people have asked for
converting this to a KPart, so it can be used in other
applications (quanta e.g.). I don't have the time to do
this, but when the source code is easily available via
cvs, I'm confident that this can get the ball rolling.
Rich has already converted the whole user interface to
xmlgui.

To avoid any misunderstanding, let me emphasize that I'm
not talking about a half-finished project :-) It's stable,
pretty complete and polished, and it even has a non-negli-
gible amount of documentation.

Bernd.