List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ki_man clarifications
From:       Arshad Parvez <ashper001 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-06-22 18:09:56

On Friday 22 June 2001 02:30 pm, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On Thursday, 21. June 2001 12:59, Arshad Parvez wrote:
> > Does that mean that all the file names and/or locations will be
> > tracked by kio to ensure that man files open through kio_man
> > protocol?
>
> Definity not. It's a protocol, so it has to be opened as man:printf.
> If that happens KDE creates a kio_man process and calls basicly
> get("printf") on it
>
> The mime types of files in the file system are something completely
> different. They are (basicly again) determined by the file slave and
> if a man page is found it's opened by the part that fits best. As man
> pages are compressed most likely it will pick ark :)

Now that was my point. Man pages will definitely be opened by ark. So
do we have to define some methodology where .gz files located in
MANPATH directories should pick man protocol and not the slave dictated
by their extensions?

Also, plz tell me where is the source for slavebase and kio?

regards

Arshad

--
Linux guarantees you that