List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ki_man clarifications
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-21 20:00:50

On Thursday, 21. June 2001 09:08, Arshad Parvez wrote:

> Hello Again
>
> (plz keep in mind that I am new to this environment)
>
> Am trying to swallow the concept/methodology of kio for
> starting work on kio_man. I would appreciate if someone clarifies
> following:
>
> -   what does "slave.dispatchLoop" do?
listen to the socket and dispatch commands into function calls within slave.

> -   when will MANProtocol be instantiated ?
   int kdemain( int argc, char **argv ) {
        KInstance instance("kio_man");
        MANProtocol slave(argv[2], argv[3]);

kdeinit forks off a kio_man process and calls kdemain. After that it's just
C++ - no more magic involved :)

> -   in absence of appropriate extension (unlike .html or .tar), how
> will man's mimetype be determined by kio?
By mimetype checking like file(1)  does.

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.