List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KWin locks KDE with Alt+Tab
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-19 11:13:50

On Tuesday 19 June 2001 13:12, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> On Monday 18 June 2001 23:20, David Faure wrote:
> > (Stephan mentionned QWidget::grabMouse, does this stop X from sending
> > mouse events, or is it Qt that filters mouse events out ? I found code for
> > the latter, but I guess XGrabMouse intends to make X filter mouse events
> > itself, no ?)
>
> yes, but then those mouse events are sent to the grabber.

Ah. At the X level then. How do I find out which widget is the grabber ?
Is QWidget::grabMouse the only place where mouse-grabbing happens ?
(I suppose so... unless some apps use XGrabMouse directly I guess).

> I'll try to look into.

Thanks but without an environment where it happens I wonder how ? ;-)

--
Per his initials, God was simply a "Great Oop Developer" (Richard Bos)