List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KWin locks KDE with Alt+Tab
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-18 22:44:07

On Monday 18 June 2001 01:21 pm, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> > I've heared of spurious lock-up problems since the start of KDE 2 (some
> > where even reported against 1.9x I believe) and all seemed to be very
> > hard to reproduce. Some people reported it as related to APM. It's a hard
> > to pinpoint it but there certainly is a problem and it is KDE 2 related
> > cause most reports mentioned that it didn't happen with either KDE 1 or
> > GNOME.
>
> weird, really.  I _never_ had such a lock-up on my machine, unfortunately.

It seems the bug hid really well whenever someone remotely familair with the
issues was around affected machines. One of the SuSE X developers who tried
to look into it attributed it to mass hysteria and refused to accept that
there was a bug at all :-) that must be true because after he said that I got
less reports about it ;-)

Cheers,
Waldo
--