List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KWin locks KDE with Alt+Tab
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-18 19:24:04

On Monday, 18. June 2001 20:15, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> On Monday 18 June 2001 19:27, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> > Moin!
> >
> > This is a behaviour that annoys me since quite a while:
> >
> > If you use Alt+Tab to cycle though all windows, kwin gets
> > stuck in the window summary widgets and apperantly eats
> > all keyboard and mouse inputs.
>
> Yes, lately I've seen a timing issue there. I think this started when
> somebody made the alt-tab handling configurable and started using
> KGlobalAccel for it. I assume it's a race condition with some CurrentTime
> vs. ServerTime conflict.
>
> > I have to restart kwin remotely to get my control back.
>
> Usually hitting Esc should be enough.

I have this too and it doesn't accept any key anymore. Not even C-A-B works,
only killall kwin from another computer.

And I (and many others I talked to) have still this problem I showed you in
Kopenhagen, where the mouse focus stays in the wrong window or is unavailable
at all. An alt-tab fixes this most of the times - so the alt-tab freeze makes
this even more problematic ;(

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.