List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase/kcontrol/lib
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-18 7:21:44

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Sunday 17 June 2001 11:16 am, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> > On Sunday 17 June 2001 20:13, you wrote:
> > > Hey guys,
> > >
> > > What is this about? is it really that difficult to respect a freeze?
> > > Better send a damned good explanation to the list Real Soon (tm)
> > > otherwise I revert.
> >
> > Hi Waldo,
> >
> > Ralph phoned me and said it's really important and, for me,
> > it sounded like he already got the ok from you
> >
> > I just implemented it
>
> I am not aware of talking about this with Ralf. I haven't seen a patch for it
> on any list. And I don't consider "It's really important" any explanation.
>
> Reverted.
Ok, we have a look at that after the beta. The thing here was that
qwertz' pictures have an alpha channel for a shadow and tackat wanted me
to fix the picture labels in the kcmkdm, kcmbackground and
kcmsrceensaver and the new mouse module pictures with those mice so the
alphablending gets displayed with KAlphaLabel. For efficiency, I asked
Niko to make this label inheriting QLabel as I couldn't paint directly
into the QLabel and we needed it 4 times anyway. It isn't that much of
importance anyway and I quite couldn't see the effect as Niko already
said so I'm fine with reverting.

Sorry for the trouble (I know we have enough but I wanted to get the
labels done a simple way)

Thanks,
Ralf
--
KDE 2 - Trust I seek and I find in You,
everyday for a something new,

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org