List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: This Week's CVS issues
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2001-06-17 14:51:19

On Saturday 16 June 2001 20:09, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> Huh ? You said that wasn't very explanatory ? And not very good
> calculated ? :)

Indeed that wasn't :-).

> Seriously, try to set a default for all consoles or make these settings
> a bit transparent, and one "Konsole Unlimited" option :)

I'm sorry, I still don't understand :-). The default at first startup (ie
until you save different settings) is no history, but this can be easily
changed. I'm not sure what you mean by "making these settings a bit
transparent", though.

The problem with unlimited history is that it also eventually takes unlimited
place on the disk. What's more, this place is occupied by a deleted file,
which is most confusing to users : you get a disk full but don't see where
it's coming from. What triggered me working on this is that a co-worker,
although an experienced programmer, was actually rebooting his machine to
recover the disk space.

So the only alternative is to put that in a regular file, which means letting
the user specify the file, which means linking libkfile in. IMHO it's not
worth it.

> Haha, it's so looong to write

You have no idea what german names feel like to me :-).

> Maybe we could call you Willy ?

Not if you want me to reply :-).

--
					Guillaume.