List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: startup notification
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2001-06-11 21:13:00

Dne po 11. červen 2001 21:23 Dirk Mueller napsal(a):

> Moin Lubos!
>
> >  It did not. It's just that it appeared so rarely that you haven't
> > noticed that the old implementation had flaws too
>
> which ones ?

 - It's a miracle it worked for everything KUniqueApplication based, as such
apps fork() into background and that changes their pid ( I still don't get it
how is it possible it worked for them ).
 - It went away too soon for kfmclient+konqueror.
 - It was unusable for the start-on-desktop feature.
 - It didn't work for kdeinit_wrapper ( kshell/kwrapper ) links ( i.e.
konsole->kshell ) in $PATH.
 - Probably some more I already fixed and forgot.

 Lubos Lunak
--
 l.lunak@email.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org
 http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli