List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Persistent password caching (.netrc and .kionetrc)
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-11 11:15:15

On Monday 11 June 2001 06:24, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> > What do you all think ? Comments, opinions, ideas ? Is it a good idea to
> > provide a centralized location for storing persistent passwords ?
>
> for khtml, I'd have preferred if bookmarking of urls with passwords would
> work.

Hmm... you mean saving the actual login URL as a bookmark ?  Wouldn't that
break if the submission URLs change ?  You would also be sending login info to
an incorrect location.  One of the big issues with bookmarks is that the URL can
change.  Also we have to do a POST action on most of these logins which means
we also have to remember the POST data, don't we ?

Regards,
Dawit A.