List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Embrace and extend.. or something like that..
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-06-09 16:40:11

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 02:31:34PM +0100, Rik Hemsley wrote:

> > tooltip etc. And you can right-click -> Properties and change access
> > rights etc. Hmm, what about letting kpf create a .directory for those
> > shared directories? Then Konq could show a different icon, too, right?
>
> Yes, sounds good. I didn't know if it would be possible to integrate it
> like that, but you have given me some ideas :)

Now that I think of it again, can't we even specify a KPart or a mimetype
in the .directory file? Then you could add a plugin for the properties
dialog and a special view for that directory. Integration completed :)

Konq is so much extensible, but people don't know about it :-/

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer