List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Preparing for KDE2.2beta1
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-08 20:42:00

On Friday 08 June 2001 22:13, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> HI,
>
> > Hiya,
> >
> > This is to remind you that next week we plan to have the first (and
>
> possibly
>
> > only) beta of KDE 2.2. This means no new features as of now. Please
> > report any problems that you encounter in current CVS to one of the
> > mailinglists.
>
> First and possibly only??? you must be kidding, right??

Hej, come on. We should really try to make this the final beta and take it
serious. Otherwise we will definately end up with something that is not
beta-quality.
We already had this last time when originally it was planned to
release a beta and it turned out to be an alpha-release (partly because
features weren't in place and partly because people didn't take bugs too
seriously).
Trying to head for a final beta will certainly give a better quality and
make us get faster near the real "final" beta than if we try otherwise.

Afterall there is still 9-10 days left until CVS is being tagged and
this is a lot of time for fixing a lot of bugs. And beta doesn't mean
bugfree of course. It only means that the release contains all
features.

Greetings,
Tackat