List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    noatun/arts (Re: This Week's CVS issues :))
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-02 11:41:54

On Friday 01 June 2001 12:14, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> That's fairly all, mostly minor issues. Noatun finally works good now,
> at least here :) although David said there's a crash and he send Charles
> a fix. Charles, is that done or is there something wrong with it ?

The patch was applied, so noatun at least starts up here.
But it's not very useful for playing mp3s, at least for me.

I get frequent hangs (the whole UI blocks and doesn't repaint for a long time),
and then suddenly all comes back to normal - for a while.
It seems there are huge problems with communicating to artsd (which is running just
fine, I also tried killing and "kcminit arts", no change: artsd up again, noatun
still blocked)

Launched ok, pid = 4649
unix_connect: can't connect to server (unix:/tmp/mcop-dfaure/faure-1229-3b18ccac)
Launched ok, pid = 4654
unix_connect: can't connect to server (unix:/tmp/mcop-dfaure/faure-1229-3b18ccac)
unix_connect: can't connect to server (unix:/tmp/mcop-dfaure/faure-1229-3b18ccac)
unix_connect: can't connect to server (unix:/tmp/mcop-dfaure/faure-1229-3b18ccac)

And yes I have libaudiofile installed :)

Soundcard is standard SB16, with OSS driver.
I'm still very doubtful about arts and the apps built upon it. It never worked reliably for me.
Bleh, back to mpg123 for now.