On Thu, 31 May 2001, Bernd Gehrmann wrote: > > > Is it possible to get rid of the preview area in the > > > file dialog? I don't think anybody is interested in > > > previews of kdevelop's project file... > > > > Yes, supply a proper mimetype/name filter. The preview is only shown when > > there is a ThumbCreator for the given mimetype/extension. > > I use *.kdevelop as filter. There is a mimetype that defines that > as application/x-kdevelop. Nevertheless, I see a preview area with > a file_broken icon. In the popup menu, the 'Preview' item is > disabled. Addendum: It happens even with getExistingDirectory(). What sense does _that_ make? Bernd.