List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesupport: let's get rid of it, now.
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-30 19:38:45

#if Christian Gebauer

> I will soon commit a patch that removes the dependency of KNode on mimelib.
> (The KCodecs stuff is now usable for mail-/news applications but I still
> have to make a path for KRFCDate)

And with a little work, from someone who knows kmail well, librmm could
be finished off, and mimelib would be unnecessary. librmm isn't
massively better than mimelib, but it should be slightly faster due to
doing lazy parsing, plus it doesn't use its own string class (it's pure
Qt), so that saves a little time and makes it easier to understand /
maintain for KDE people.

Oh, one problem. kmail uses mimelib for SMTP sending, doesn't it ?
Hmm, well if the argument about kio_smtp could be resolved...

Rik