On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 05:08:54PM +0200, Stefan Westerfeld wrote: > > Others are enhancements and you can use KDE just fine, you will just > > miss certain things such as real-time docbook parsing, sound, advanced > > Javascript support.. > > This is exactly what I don't like. The idea of recommendations. As > developer I will have to deal with the fact that some people don't feel > like they need libaudiofile, and then artsd will have to contain all that > of "and if you don't have libaudiofile, fail gracefully, report the error, > hint the user what is wrong, continue working nicely" code. In that case, the artsd people should make it a requirement not a recommendation as it is now. That has little to do with the discussion whether we should include the dependencies ourselves. :-) Rob -- Rob Kaper | 'What? In riddles?' said Gandalf. 'No! For I was talking cap@capsi.com | aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest www.capsi.com | person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by | the young are wearying.' - "Lord of the Rings", JRR Tolkien