List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PLEASE don't ! (Re: kdesupport: let's get rid of it, now.)
From:       Michael Brade <Michael.Brade () informatik ! uni-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2001-05-30 14:35:09

On Wednesday 30 May 2001 16:22, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 04:02:38PM +0200, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> > ... It doesn't look like a hassle for you because you never really had to
> > do it. Take my word for it, it *IS* one big fscking hassle.
>
> I am using bare Slackware and don't check out kdesupport to compile KDE.
> It's still no hassle.
So where's the problem with kdesupport? We could add a line "If you don't
have xxx installed just check out kdesupport". If a lib is missing configure
will spit out the same so users can (hopefully..) choose if they have to
install kdesupport but still don't need to get five other libs from ten other
places.

Ciao,
  Michael

--

       Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
             Linux however is `expert friendly'.