List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesupport: let's get rid of it, now.
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-05-30 12:44:29

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 02:26:43PM +0200, Michael H?ckel wrote:
> Hi, at least KMail and KNode need mimelib.
>
> But if you really want to remove kdesupport, maybe mimelib could be moved
> to libkdenetwork.

No, the best solution would simply be to have configure fail when mimelib is
not found, prompting the user to install it. Distributions will or should
provide it. And source compilers who don't have it can get it from the link
we give.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 'What? In riddles?' said Gandalf. 'No! For I was talking
cap@capsi.com | aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest