On Tuesday 29 May 2001 15:25, Dirk Mueller wrote: > On Die, 29 Mai 2001, Lars Knoll wrote: > > So I'd rather vote for a KDE_EXPORT macro than a KDE_PRIVATE one. > > but Q_/KDE_EXPORT only works for whole classes, right ? It does only work on Windows anyway at the moment. > are private methods exported then ? I'm not sure how Windows handles this. My proposal would be to not export them, except when we mark them with a Q_/KDE_EXPORT. So we only export public/protected parts of exported classes. Private members you want to export need an additional export macro (my guess is that this should never be needed, as I don't see a reason why you'd want to do this). The class declaration would then look like: class KDE_EXPORT foo { public: void exported(); // these methods get exported private: void notExported(); // these don't get exported void KDE_EXPORT exportMe(); }; Lars