On Dienstag, 29. Mai 2001 13:21, Harri Porten wrote: > On Tue, 29 May 2001, Malte Starostik wrote: > > There is indeed no other error message about why calling > > FindProxyForURL() fails. Something must have changed in KJS that makes > > this break now. After a kdelibs update I can reproduce the problem now. > > Harri, any idea? > > I have changed the way the "window" object is implemented in khtml. That > might inadvertently have affected the proxy code. Sorry. See > kjs_proxy.cpp. > > I haven't used this feature myself so I can just comment from looking at > the code but I'll try it out if necessary. > > My first guess would be to change > > m_kjs = new KJScript(); > Global global(Global::current()); > KJSO bindings(new KProxyBindings); > global.put("ProxyConfig", bindings); > global.setPrototype(bindings); > > to > > m_kjs = new KJScript(); > m_kjs->globalObject()->setPrototype(new KProxyBindings); > > and have a property named "ProxyConfig" in KProxyBindings that returns > Global::current(). But I can't guarantee that it will really do the job. Sorry, that doesn't do it. The error message is JS: Reference error. Can't find variable: FindProxyForURL which happens when I do QString code = QString("return FindProxyForURL('%1', '%2');").arg(url.url()) if (!m_kjs->evaluate(code.local8Bit())) although the previous initialization succeeded: m_kjs->evaluate(m_downloader->data()) with m_downloader containing the script. I tried with something simple to avoid any errors about not finding the functions defined by KProxyBindings: function FindProxyForURL(url, host) { return "PROXY www-proxy.t-online.de:80"; } I remember last time it didn't work, I had to change "FindProxyForURL('%1', '%2');" to "return FindProxyForURL('%1', '%2');", maybe now the complete function gets lost? Sorry, I don't know about KJS internals, mainly used khtml/ecma as a starting point. Do I need to tell it explicitly not to clean up something here? Thanks again, -Malte -- Wars don't determine who's right, only who's left.