List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Issues about busy cursor
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-05-29 7:55:52

Lubos Lunak wrote:

> Dne po 28. květen 2001 15:22 Michael Goffioul napsal(a):
> > CVS compiled today (28/05, AM European time)
> >
> [snip]
> >
> > 3) In the print system, I start kjobviewer using KRun. The problem is now
> >    that you get the busy cursor each time you print something, which can
> >    be confusing to the user. Is there a way to avoid it? Or should I leave
> >    it as is.
> >

>  1) How exactly do you start it, KRun( ".desktop file" ) or
> KRun::runCommand() ?

I'm using KRun::runCommand()

>  2) Is it really a problem that you get the notification for kjobviewer ? The
> way it's now you get it also e.g. for khelpcenter after pressing F1 in any
> app, and I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

It's not really _wrong_, but somewhat confusing. In LAN environment with medium
print jobs, the job processing time is really short, such that processing is
already finished when kjobviewer starts, it then exits immediately without
showing anything, and the user doesn't know about it. Now you get this busy
cursor without any other visual result, and that can be confusing.

Bye.
Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM