List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ArrowButton
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-05-28 17:54:03

On Monday 28 May 2001 18:40, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Montag, 28. Mai 2001 16:54 Frerich Raabe wrote:
> > I think it would be a good idea to move the ArrowButton class as in
> > kdebase/kicker/core/arrowbutton.* into a more prominent place so that the
> > pager applet and knewsticker can use that code instead of having to
> > maintain their own implementation. Such a more prominent place might be
> > kdeui or some library for applet-related widgets.
>
> I had suggested a libkicker a good while back.

Yeah, to me...
But my initial patch to make the panel / applet menus available to applets by
using kicker's DCOP interface didn't seem welcome. At least, I got only _one_
reply and that was off the list whether I needed help. Since then my mom has
been to hospital and I had some other issues that costed me all of my spare
time I had, so I did not continue with it.

I still have the code around, it's still just as unpolished as two months
ago, but if there is any interest I might revive the libkicker idea and try
to incorporate it. But, again, it didn't look like it was welcome at all...

For the curious: I'm referring to
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=98553400212180&w=2

Martijn