List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Automatically executing files
From:       Christian A =?iso-8859-1?q?Str=F8mmen=20=5BNumber1=2FNumeroUno=5D?= <number1 () kde
Date:       2001-05-26 19:36:40

Saturday 26 May 2001 20:52, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> I have nothing against the idea but we should have a popup dialog which
> asks the user always !!!
> No "check this to hide the dialog for next time". Most ("stupid",
> "beginner") users will click it away first time the see it and later they
> will never be aware of the danger of executing files from the end of the
> world.

But having an option for removing this could be in a kcontrol-module
somewhere... (File associations?)

This would make sure that "stupid beginners" won't get to remove it, but more
advanced users would.  (a popup box each time you click on an executable
would get extremely irritating over some time)

--
\ Christian A Strømmen /
\ Number1/NumeroUno @ Undernet - Email: number1@kde.org number1@realityx.net /