List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    kdeinit and PATH?
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () suse ! com>
Date:       2001-05-25 22:51:42

So thanks to a patch, I have converted KBiff to be a kdeinit module.
It works great.. except for one thing: you can no longer start up the
mail client (or any executable) from the shell.  I switched to using
KRun::runCommand() to get more debug output and sure enough, it just
doesn't use the PATH to look for executables.

Now if you run KBiff from the command line (no kdeinit), then the PATH
*is* taken into account.

I think that the culprit is KShellProcess.. but could be wrong.

Is this a design decision?  I am *vaguely* remembering some discussion
on using specific shells or the like but I don't know if that's
related.  Any clues?
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop