List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KServerSocket port() is wrong
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-24 3:32:10

On Wednesday 23 May 2001 17:30, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> George Staikos wrote:
> > On Wednesday 23 May 2001 16:32, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> > > Who is in charge of the K*Socket code now?  There seems to be a
> > > problem with KServerSocket::port()... and I can't track down exactly
> > > what is going on with all the KSocks and KExtendedSocket stuff.
> > >
> > > Basically, KServerSocket::port() doesn't return the right value.  No
> > > matter if I specify the port or use use 0 (pick a random port), the
> > > value returned by the port() function is *always* wrong!
> > >
> > > Who's working on this?
> >
> >   That's Thiago's code IIRC.  Is it returning random numbers for you?  Do
> > you have SOCKS turned on?
>
> Yes, they are random.  I have SOCKS support disabled.

     Well I had a very quick glance but I'm just not sure either.  Do you
have some example code?  From what I can tell, calling KServerSocket(port,
...) and then calling KServerSocket::port() doesn't guarantee you'll get the
original port number back (unless I'm missing something).  I think you'll
have to ask Thiago about this.

--

George Staikos