List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: TLS default enabled/disabled?
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-13?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-05-21 19:05:32

On Monday, 21. May 2001 18:53, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Ok. Update kdelibs/kio and then you can use:
> mSlave = KIO::Scheduler::getConnectedSlave(getUrl(), mSlaveConfig);

This seems to work so far for pop and imap.

However I just found a problem with the connection oriented mode. I'm not
completely sure how it is supposed to work.

According to the documentation I should call:

slave = KIO::Scheduler::getConnectedSlave( url.url(), mSlaveConfig );
job = KIO::get( url.url(), false, false );
KIO::Scheduler::assignJobToSlave(slave, job);

But if connecting fails, for example, because the server does not support
TLS, but I want to have encryption the job is still executed afterwards,
possibly with a new slave, which causes a new connection being made. Possibly
this connection is not encrypted, since is does not seem to depend on the
configuration earlier passed to the slave. Therefore it's even a security
problem here.

Alternatively I tried to connect on the slaveConnected() signal and start the
job then, but this seems to be never emitted although I tried calling
finished() in openConnection() of the slave.

Regards,
Michael Häckel