List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The SMTP slave and KMail (Re: RFC: TLS default enabled/disabled?)
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-05-21 5:25:23

On Monday, 21. May 2001 02:13, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> However, Mr. Häckel, I would appreciate it in the future if you could just
> write the code instead, since you seem to know what's right and what's
> wrong.  Next time you want to have something done, do it yourself.  But
> holding your complaints until someone else to writes the code, that's
> lame.

Sorry, but it was really not me who started writing flamable postings and
told in nearly every mail that the other ones code (KMail, kio_imap) and the
way development is done is bad.

Since it seems to be impossible to get and useful conclusion out of this
discussion to be able to use the smtp ioslave in KMail without doing a major
structural change I still don't see a need for, I don't consider as an
improvement and even people besides me consider as ugly hack, I currently
only see three options:

- KMail goes without SMTP authentification in the near future
- SMTP authentification is going to be implemented in the SMTP code currently
  used by KMail
- KMail is going to be distributed with a modified version of kio_smtp.

Regards,
Michael Häckel