List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Noatun - fix or throw it out
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-20 12:49:57

Just compiled and installed kdelibs, kdebase, kdemultimedia from
scratch and blew away ~/.kde.

noatun crashed immediately on startup in StereoEffectStack somewhere.
This was because I was running realplay, it seems. So, I stopped
realplay, started artsd, and noatun started ok.

Next I tried to crash noatun again, by killing artsd, removing my
noatunrc, starting realplay, and starting noatun. This time it
didn't crash, it just complained that artsd wasn't running.

Charles suggested that artsd might have been running previously
and was just sitting in the background. So I started artsd,
waited for it to idle, then started realplay, then noatun. This
time noatun worked again, except that on pressing play, it just
sat at 00:00.

I added some music to the playlist and played it for a while.
After a few songs, playback stopped and I got an artsd message
about a problem with a UNIX socket somewhere.

Conclusion: One of artsd or noatun is a bit unstable. It looks
like artsd to me, but I'm no expert.

Rik