List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: TLS default enabled/disabled?
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-05-20 0:14:07

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 03:48:03PM -0700, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> > I still don't understand, why it is for example a bad hack to provide the
> > username and the password in the URL for smtp like for example for ftp.
> >
> > That could simply look like
> > smtp://user:pass@host:port/
> > or
> > smtps://user:pass@host:port/
> > for SSL.
>
> Well,  you're right that isn't that bad. The problem starts when Alex wants
> to use profile names instead of hostnames.

So it's cleaner to force one global default?  And make each app override
that speifically?

Or is it cleaner to specify this all on the URL (I'm thinking no)?

What I've setup seems logical to me for a slave that will likely use a
different configuration for different hosts.

Similarly the slave config thing works wonders for options that would be
set a certain way for all instances of a slave (like certificate
handling).

- alex