List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: TLS default enabled/disabled?
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-05-19 17:36:04

On Saturday, 19. May 2001 11:29, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> Sure, and none of them code for KMail, I wonder why?

At least I'm happy, that a quite a few people have joined KMail development
in the past few months.

> Why?  Because we have the KDE apps to do tasks, and the KControl modules
> to configure things.  Moving these things to KControl means that each
> e-mail app doesn't have to rewrite code over and over again that's
> supposed to do the same thing.

Why then do applications need a configure dialog at all, if all configuration
should go to KControl?

> Ideally the only thing left in KMail (configuration wise) would be app
> sepcific display properties.

I'm still of the opinion, that a mail client is much more than just a GUI to
a POP3, IMAP4 and SMTP slave.

> > I don't think, that POP accounts
> > have to be stored globally only for the possible case that someday a
> > different KDE based e-mail client also uses these profiles and there
> > might possibly be users that use two e-mail clients on the same desktop.
>
> So why is kmail in kdenetwork then?

Sorry, I don't fully understand? Should we move it to kdelibs or what do you
want?

Regards,
Michael Häckel