List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: fixing crappy X headers
From:       Michael Matz <matz () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-19 12:21:34

Hi,

On Sat, 19 May 2001, Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  Ok, looks probably a bit complicated, but it simply does #define None ->
> X::None . To use it, just simply include the file after including X11 headers
> or before the place where the problem occurs, it may be included repeatedly
> and the compile time increase is unnoticeable.
>  I've already modified my local kdelibs ( it was only a few changes like
> XKeyPress -> X::KeyPress etc. ) and I'm now compiling kdebase. I'll commit
> after the freeze is over. The macros that get converted are : None, Bool,
> Unsorted, KeyPress, KeyRelease, Above, Below, FocusIn, FocusOut . Did I miss
> some important ?

You of course are aware, that Bool is not const int, but a type, sometimes
#define'ed, sometimes really typedef'ed?  Also, that None usually is 0L,
which is not necessarily an int and Key{Press,Release} are char's?  I just
want to make sure, that such things are remembered when playing tricks.

Ciao,
Michael.