List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdeui/kdialog margin size
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-19 9:39:35

Matthias Elter wrote:

> On Friday 18 May 2001 22:59, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > > It sort of sucks that we can't make progress in our UI department because
> > > Qt is holding us back by not picking up our improvements. The correct fix
> > > IMO would be to introduce the notion of defaultMargin in Qt so that the
> > > Qt designer could use that.
> >
> > Yes. Or accept KDialog::spacingHint() and KDialog::marginHint() as a
> > parameter. Sigh. I've changed the margin to 11 in kdialog.cpp and looked
> > at the kcontrol modules, but it seems it doesn't make much of a
> > difference. It's still a complete mess when it comes to that. Sometimes
> > I think it'll take less work to redraw all dialogs with designer and put
> > them in place :(
>
> Do you have an idea how those kcontrol looked before the first cleanup we did
> in Trysil?!
Well, I didn't know about Trysil as I somehow missed it, but yes, I know
:-) But that's not the point here. We want to make KDE enterprise-ready.
That's the point. We have to be *better* than windows, not only cheaper
:)  This is a part where I thought the quality of GUI layout is
obviously not consistent and I try to fix it. When I'm finished, *then*
I will compare it with the crap that we shipped and can say that we
didn't only fix the crap but made it better than windows as a whole. :-)

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org